Subject: RE: [egov] Re: Proposed Diplomatic Communications Sub-Committee

John,

I would be glad to head up one of the new SCs. As the ICH is a non-profit, govt sponsored collaboratory, we have the mechanisms and charter to help with this activity.  Also, we are very much interested in being part of this TC, and Mr. Jung could not volunteer for me at the first e-Gov TC kick off meeting, maybe you could be afforded us another opportunity to join this TC in a capacity that compliments our non-profit charter.

Also, the ICH has a formal, govt. vetted methodology and set of IEEE 1471 EA templates for mapping common business needs to technology solutions. This could be a viable mechanism for documenting and communication needs in a normative form.

Cheers,

john

-----Original Message-----
From: John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk [mailto:John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:46 AM
To: egov@lists.oasis-open.org

Steve/Ranjeeth

This recent discussion has moved us a long way from my original idea of the scope of a Language SC within the e-Gov TC, and we may well now be talking about the need for two SCs.   I'll add it to our agenda on 12 March so that we can consider further and others can input their views.   So until then can we reserve judgement please.

Ranjeeth
It would be useful to see the draft charter for the HumanML SC before 12/3 please

John

Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>

10/01/2003 21:08
Please respond to karl.best