Subject: Re: [egov] Re: Proposed Diplomatic Communications Sub-Committee

John,

I know that this is going to be a sensitive issue to many involved in "real"
diplomatic activities, but I can't believe that this couldn't be handled as
part of the Services SC, at least to the point where it (Diplomatic
Communications) gets a definition from the eGov perspective. I think that
once we have a definition for this, we can figure out where it best fits
into the larger OASIS TC organization.

On 1/20/03 10:34 AM, "John Weiler, Executive Director" <john@ichnet.org>
wrote:

> John,
>
> I would be glad to head up one of the new SCs. As the ICH is a non-profit,
> govt sponsored collaboratory, we have the mechanisms and charter to help
> with this activity.  Also, we are very much interested in being part of this
> TC, and Mr. Jung could not volunteer for me at the first e-Gov TC kick off
> meeting, maybe you could be afforded us another opportunity to join this TC
> in a capacity that compliments our non-profit charter.
>
> Also, the ICH has a formal, govt. vetted methodology and set of IEEE 1471 EA
> templates for mapping common business needs to technology solutions. This
> could be a viable mechanism for documenting and communication needs in a
> normative form.
>
> Cheers,
>
> john

Todd Harbour                            571-276-2196 (Cell)
45245 Business Court              703-478-9881 (Talk)
Dulles, Virginia 20166              703-478-9883 (Fax)