Subject: Re: Infrastructure SC of E-Government TC

Eliot
Apologies for delay in dealing with this.

Two relatively minor comments:

First, you use the term "common services".   To the uninitiated there may be some confusion between what is a common service dealt by this SC and a service dealt with by the Services SC.   Perhaps use the term common facilities instead.

Second, you say this SC "Complements" the other SCs without saying exactly how.   It would help to explain that a little to clarify the relationship between the SCs and help to make the role of this SC more explicit.

When you've taken on board the TC's comments on this scope please proceed with the rest of the SC Charter.   We can then think about asking for nominations for this SC and planning the first meeting.   When we get to that stage I'll set up the SC on the new OASIS system for you to subsequently manage.  It would be nice to have held the first meeting before the next TC meeting on 8 May.  If you want we can schedule in a SC meeting in London on or around 8 May?

Regards,
John

Eliot Christian <echristian@usgs.gov>

17/03/2003 08:49