Subject: Re: [egov] UN XML project gains Microsoft support

Hello all:

I would like to start collecting requirements from eGovernment contacts
for what they would like to see from a Registry/Repository system.  This
would be done as a deliverable of the infrastructure sub-group and I am
volunteering to lead this tp get it started.  The reason I would like to
proceed is that there is currently a lot of activity within governments
on a global basis with respect to RegRep.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this or reasons why we should not proceed?

Duane

Paul Spencer wrote:

>David,
>
>I sent you my document the other day. The UBL format (at least as I last saw
>it) is the same as mine, but without the xs:appinfo extensions I added to
>provide dereferencing. I could probably dig out the UBL white paper,
>although I guess finding it on the OASIS site should ensure you get the
>latest version.
>
>Conversions are generally easy, but there is not yet so much implemented
>that we cannot come up with a common approach. I am not wedded to my
>format - only to the requirements that lie behind it. For the benefit of
>others, these are documented (with the proposed format) in the paper at
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/download.php/1797/Codelist
>sPositionPaper1-0.pdf.
>
>Regards
>
>Paul Spencer

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Professional Software Development & Metadata Management
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time