Subject: Pilot: ebXML Registry and Web Services

Greetings,

Many of us are familiar with (and members of) the Federal CIO Council
XML Web Services Working Group [1]. One of the purposes [2] of this
Working Group is to produce pilot projects in support of the e-Gov
Initiatives that use XML Web Services. The Working Group is always
looking for more ideas for pilot projects.

Later this week, I plan to propose to the XML Web Services Working Group
an "ebXML Registry and Web services" pilot project. One of the desired
outcomes of this pilot would be an increased awareness of the use of Web
services with ebXML Registry in the federal realm. I have already
presented this idea to the OASIS/ebXML Registry TC (of which I am a
member), and the response has been overwhelmingly enthusiastic.

If anyone would like to offer some high-level requirements that can be
presented for the pilot proposal, they would be most welcome. For
example: one of the high-level requirements that the Registry TC
presented was a federate scenario in which multiple ebXML Registries
operate in conjunction with each other (e.g. to perform a federated
query, to transfer registered objects, etc.).

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
[1] http://web-services.gov/

[2] PURPOSE:
"The purpose of this new WG is to support the Emerging Technology
Subcommittee of the CIOC/AIC in its work with the other two
subcommittees (Enterprise Architecture Governance and Components) and to
produce incubator pilot projects in support of the e-Gov Initiatives
that use XML Web Services to demonstrate increased accessibility and
interoperability"
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano