Subject: Re: [egov] Pilot: ebXML Registry and Web Services

Hi Joe,

This caught my eye because I've particpated in the OASIS Web
Servicies for Interactive Applications/Web Services for Remote
Portlets WSIA/WSRP combined TCs spec work--which is nearing the stage
of submission for OASIS-wide approval. It doesn't specify registries,
but it is heavily weighted in the direction of UDDI for business
purposes. I would personally like to ensure that it is also applied
to institutional and governmental uses, and the ebXML Registries, as
well, so my suggestion is to include use of that specification in
your pilot program.

I am also involved in the Emergency Management TC and it also could
benefit from being included in test use cases such as your pilot
project. I sent off a lengthy message this morning to two other lists
associated with applications I envision for enhancing emergency
services delivery, particularly in the realm of health care, where my
keenest interests, represented by my participation in the HumanMarkup
TC, come into play. The message was an introduction of these groups
to each other and a discussion of liaison possibilities. It was
rather lengthy, so I don't want to send it to this list, but if you
or others are interested, I could send it to you and/or them
independently.

I am also involved in an ongoing, health care related project that
this pilot project could relate to, but does not specifically involve
the other groups I was communicating with this morning, and which I
also do not want to belabor in this venue, but longer term
associations might be made with that combined private/public venture
which could be included in future projects and which makes use of web
services in the ways you are exploring.

I am interested in hearing the use case/scenario you decide to use
for the pilot project.

Ciao,
Rex

--