Subject: Re: [egov] RE: e-NOTARIZATION STANDARDS

The OASIS Signature Services TC may be tackling this aspect, although
from [1] it appears that they are on the fringe of this. We might want
to confirm with someone from this TC whether or not CA validation is in
their current scope.

This topic is also the primary focus of the WS-Trust [2] specification.
WS-Trust is part of GXA, the Global XML Web Services Architecture, and
is not currently an open standard. I would recommend tracking the
progress of this specification.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

[1] phttp://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis_news_10_24_02.php
[2] http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-trust/

john.borras@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk wrote:

> Does anyone know of any work in relation to this topic please?
>
> John
>
> ----- Forwarded by John Borras/e-Envoy/CabinetOffice on 05/09/2003
> 09:44 -----
>  "Pike-Nase, Christal"
>  <cpikenase@state.pa.us>             To:
>                               "'john.borras@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk'"
>  04/08/2003 16:27            <john.borras@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk>
>                                      cc:
>                                      Subject:        RE:
>                              e-NOTARIZATION STANDARDS
>
> Dear Mr. Borras:
> Thanks so much for your email message.  The standards we are seeking
> concern how to determine the integrity and reliability of a signature
> certification authority.  If anyone within your organization or one of
> your contacts has developed such standards we would be very interested
> in obtaining a copy of them. Thanks again.
> Sincerely yours,
> Christal Pike-Nase

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano