Subject: Search Service Interoperability

At the January 6 meeting of the OASIS e-Government Technical
Committee, we discussed how to handle the comments received
on the initial version of the TC document concerning "Search
Service Interoperability". I had compiled a summary showing
the 50 comments received from about 15 people, available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/download.php/4651/wd-egov-searchservice-01-comments.html
The TC decided to keep open the compilation of comments and
proposed responses until January 20 to provide time for any
corrections or objections to be raised.

The proposed responses to the comments (as these may be amended)
will prompt some changes to the draft document and so a new
version 2 will be posted by January 22 or so. At that point,
the TC will need to decide if another public comment period
should be conducted.

I have here attached a draft of a version 2 document based
on my proposed responses to the comments as those now stand.

Eliot

wd-egov-searchservice-02.doc