Subject: Re: [egov] Proposed Use Case template

Ockert Cameron wrote:

>We use a modeling tool called EA from http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/ - it
>is very powerfull, and can run standalone or using a central RDBMS such as
>MySQL. In terms of international recognized tool sets such as Rose, EA is
>around 28 times cheaper, and have almost comparable functionality. Would the
>use of such a tool not potentially solve the problem?

Another tool I mentioned is ArgoUML which is quite good and Open SOurce
(free):

http://argouml.tigris.org/

I personally use Together 4 which is good but nearly as expensive as Rose.

I still find that the tool is good for doing diagrams but so far have
not found a way around
documenting the various sections I listed in the template I proposed.
Also it is difficult
to get everyone to use the same tool.

That is why I suggest we use whatever tools we have to generate diagrams
but document the use case
use HTML. For the Semantic Content Management  SC of ebXML Registry Carl
and I are trying this approach
out and can share our experience in a few weeks with the egov TC.

--
Regards,
Farrukh