Subject: RE: [egov] OASIS E-GOV TC : ebXML Messaging BALLOT RESULT

John,

My apologies for missing the first go round, but I have been on vacation (skiing in Colorado).  I have printed out both documents and will review/vote.

Mark
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177 Fax (703) 917-7481
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
<http://www.lmi.org/>
"Opportunity is what you make of it"

-----Original Message-----
From: John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk [mailto:John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:05 AM
To: egov@lists.oasis-open.org

It is with great regret that I have to tell you that  we did not reach quorum on the recent ballot on Graham Beaver's document.  Only 15 out of 41 members took the time to vote.   I won't name and shame those who didn't vote.

This I find deeply disappointing, firstly for Graham and the excellent effort he put into the document, and secondly for the future of our TC.   This was our first ballot and we fell at the first hurdle.  That doesn't inspire confidence for our future work.   Hopefully this will turn out to be just teething troubles and once we all get the hang of voting then we'll be OK in future.   If not well.......

I'm going to re-run this ballot and also put up a ballot on Eliot's Interoperability Services paper.   Please take the time to vote this time.

John