Subject: Re: OASIS E-GOV TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION

Dear All

I am now able to confirm the arrangements for the workshop in Hong Kong on 13 May.

The workshop will be held at the Hong Kong University (exact room number to be confirmed) and will run from 10.00 am until 16.00.pm.

Agenda
The provisional agenda is as follows:

1.  Welcome and Introductions
2.  The work of the OASIS e-Gov Technical Committee - John Borras
3.   Round Table - presentations/briefs on e-Gov initiatives by participants
4.   Constituting an Asia/Pacific Sub-Committee
        -  terms of reference
        -  officials
        -  working arrangements
        -   liaisons with main TC
5.  Any Other Business

You will see from this agenda that I would like participants to share with the group their current e-Gov activities, and this can be by use of slides or just verbal presentations.  I will also be looking for volunteers to run the sub-committee so would you consider your availability and interest in that before the day please.

Hotels
Below are details of hotel accommodation that have been provided by Dorris Tai.  If you require any further help in this respect please contact her direct.

All  hotels are close to the HKU campus as well as to the downtown area. They are 4-star hotels and  take less than 15 minutes  ( taxi ride about HK$20 to HK$30) from the hotel to HKU or to downtown.

1) Bishop Lei International House
http://www.bishopleihtl.com.hk
** Closest to the popular bar/restaurant area, Lan Kwai Fong (http://www.lankwaifong.com/)

2) Island Pacific Hotel Hong Kong
http://www.islandpacifichotel.com.hk

3) Novotel Century Harbourview
http://www.accorhotels-asia.com/hotelsearch/default.asp?hc=3564
Hotel shuttle bus schedule http://www.century-harbour-hotel.com/Info/City%20Shuttle%20Schedule%20(Apr%202003).doc
Hotel map http://www.century-harbour-hotel.com/Info/map.jpg

The best way to get to the above hotels from HK International Airport is to take the Airport Express Train (HK$100 one-way or HK$180 return) from the airport to Hong Kong Station (in Central) and then take a taxi (a 10-20 minutes ride).

Adjacent Event
We are holding this workshop adjacent to another event at the University.  This is a  Forum on E-Commerce Interoperability and Standardization being held on the afternoon of Friday 14th May at which Jon Bosak, chair of the OASIS UBL TC, and myself will be presenting. so you may wish to stay on for that event.  Again Dorris can provide more information about this event.

Invitation to Others
Several of you I know have already spoken to other contacts about this workshop, so will you please use this e-mail as the official invitation from me to those persons.   For the purposes of this workshop, I am content for non-OASIS members to attend, but would stress that only OASIS members will be eligible to participate in the sub-committee once constituted.

Further Information
I would appreciate confirmation from you of those attending so we can sort the logistics for the day and catering etc.
If you require any further details then please contact either Dorris Tai at the HK University or me.

I look forward to meeting many of you in Hong Kong on the 13th.

Best regards

John Borras
Chair e-Gov TC

John Borras/e-Envoy/CabinetOffice

22/03/2004 08:30

"Stonebridge, Brian" <Brian.Stonebridge@dcita.gov.au>, cou@cht.com.tw, greg.sloane@paradise.net.nz, hollobit@etri.re.kr, junghc@nca.or.kr, kclee@ce.cnu.ac.kr, ksh@sookmyung.ac.kr, lamcolin@hk1.ibm.com, max.voskob@paradise.net.nz, namjepark@etri.re.kr, ohm@nca.or.kr, outframe@nca.or.kr, parkbd@nca.or.kr, rkumar@msi.com.au, shk@mju.ac.kr, steve.capell@redwahoo.com, ytlee@cecid.hku.hk, zhangji@harmony.net.cn, adrian.lejins@ato.gov.au
cc
egov@lists.oasis-open.org, "'Dee Schur'" <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>, cwtai@cecid.hku.hk
Subject
Re: OASIS E-GOV TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PARTICIPATIONLink

Apologies for the delay in following up on my original request below.  However at long last I have found an opportunity for us to meet and discuss how we might create a Regional sub-committee.   Thanks to Thomas Lee, I have been invited to talk at a Forum on E-Business Interoperability and Standardization in Hong Kong on 14th May.  An announcement about the Forum will be made shortly and I'm sure Dorris Tai will let you all have the details in due course.

 I would therefore like to hold a workshop on 13th May to organise our sub-committee.  I would envisage a whole day session during which we can share experiences of what each of us is doing, I can update you on the work of the TC and we can then agree how to form and take forward a regional sub-committee.

Could you please give me an early indication of whether you will be able to attend so that I can finalise arrangements.  Also if other TC members have colleagues in the Far East or the Antipodes who might be interested, please pass on this invite.

Regards,
John

John Borras/e-Envoy/CabinetOffice

24/12/2003 13:42

namjepark@etri.re.kr, zhangji@harmony.net.cn, parkbd@nca.or.kr, max.voskob@paradise.net.nz, rkumar@msi.com.au, ksh@sookmyung.ac.kr, lamcolin@hk1.ibm.com, outframe@nca.or.kr, ohm@nca.or.kr, kclee@ce.cnu.ac.kr, shk@mju.ac.kr, cou@cht.com.tw, ytlee@cecid.hku.hk, junghc@nca.or.kr, hollobit@etri.re.kr, "Stonebridge, Brian" <Brian.Stonebridge@dcita.gov.au>, steve.capell@redwahoo.com, greg.sloane@paradise.net.nz
cc
egov@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
OASIS E-GOV TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION

I am conscious that the way we currently run the TC does not allow you all to participate very easily.  Not least because of the differences in time zones and the difficulty of finding a convenient time for you to join in meetings.   But our work has to be international not just confined to Europe and North America, so to overcome this I have in mind to set up a Regional sub-committee, covering the Far East,  Australia and New Zealand so that people from that part of the world can get together and better participate in the work of the TC.   I don't want to end up with two separate committees so we will need to sort out the logistics of how we do the joining up.

I'd be very interested to hear from your thoughts on this idea and if we set up a sub-committee whether you would actively participate in it.    For other members of the TC, particularly those from the international organisations, if you have contacts in that part of the world perhaps you could pass this message on to see if there is further interest.

If I get a positive response then I would be prepared to come to an initial meeting of the sub-committee in late Spring or early Summer to sort out arrangements  Perhaps we could look to a session running in parallel with a conference or other international event which might provide hosting facilities for the meeting.  Suggestions on events and locations would be welcomed.

Regards,

John Borras
Chair  e-Gov TC