Subject: RE: [egov] Missing Securty: Update Working Draft for Workflow Standards

Anders, thanks for this document. I've glanced over it, and I believe
that it's highly possible that the issues raised in this document can be
satisfied not only by SAML (as mentioned earlier), but possibly by a
combination of OASIS Web Services Security (the now "official" full name
of WS-Security, aka "WSS") and W3C XKMS (XML Key Management
Specification), whose version 2.0[1] is currently a Candidate
Recommendation as of April 2004. That is, XKMS would be employed to
manage (distribute and register) the PKI certificates that are
referenced/placed within WSS headers.

I know that there was discussion within the XKMS committee sometime in
2003 regarding a white paper to this end, but as of late 2003 I was told
that there had been no movement on it past discussion. You may want to
present your document to the XKMS committee for their feedback.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xkms2/

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World