Subject: Fwd: Contested UK encryption disclosure law takes effect (onOctober 01, 2007)

A new reason why global companies need EKMI.  The need for "absolutely
recoverable keys and in full control of corporate IT" has never gotten
greater.  My guess is that IT Operations and/or IT Security will be
held responsible if something goes wrong.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Arshad Noor" <arshad.noor@STRONGAUTH.COM>
To: ST-ISC@MAIL.ABANET.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2007 6:34:11 AM (GMT-0800) America/Los_Angeles
Subject: Contested UK encryption disclosure law takes effect

A new responsibility went into effect yesterday for IT organizations
that manage encryption keys in the UK.

I wonder, what happens if a company cannot produce the decryption
keys demanded by UK authorities for any reason?  Who goes to jail?

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

British law enforcement gained new powers on Monday to compel
individuals and businesses to decrypt data wanted by authorities
for investigations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/01/AR2007100100511.html