Subject: Re: [ekmi] Re: [idtrust-sc] 2008 Initiaitves

Arshad,

As people who are involved with security I think it is a bad idea
to use Flash as it can, and will, be compromised.

http://hackademix.net/2008/01/06/flash-xss-protection-for-users/

The basic method is to take a Flash from a trusted site, inject
malware, then send it on to people who might not have enough
protection in place for the XSS and other problems.

Alas, *any* client side scripting tool - Flash, PDF with advanced
features, JavaScript, even Java, is a real risk.

The only real protection in the long run is to keep telling
people to a) install protections, and b) not download any such
item except from a trusted site.

This means providing a link to the Flash, not forwarding it.

Best,

Allen