Subject: Re: [ekmi] Re: [P1619-3] OASIS EKMI Article in InformationWeek

Now we're confusing the technical ability to solve a problem with
the risk-management strategy and will of individual decision-makers
in a corporation.

To the extent that share-holders reward executives for cutting
corners (even if through ignorance), company managers will continue
to take chances with our data and money.  However, with each new
breach that gets disclosed, the regulatory pressure increases for
the entire IT industry.

The IT industry is a very immature one compared to finance.  Even
after nearly a 100 years in existence, (see the "Creation of the SEC"
- http://sec.gov/about/whatwedo.shtml#create) we still see the need to
regulate the financial industry because of people like Ebbers, Fastow,
and auditors like Arthur Anderson.  The regulation around IT has just
begun.  As newer Ebbers', Fastow's and the Arthur Andersens of the IT
world take risks with data, the regulation will continue to ratchet
upward.  EKMI is just one long-term solution for heading off that
regulation and doing the right thing by customers.  What IT managers
do with it entirely upto them.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.