Subject: Draft position paper for EAC/NIST UOCAVA workshop

John,

Attached word doc.  This follows the approach we used for the previous NIST workshop.

Notice they limit to 5 pages of content and PDF - so once everyone is happy with content - we can generate PDF from this.

I've deliberately made this high level - since they are calling merely for topic input at this time - more formal papers and presentations would be at the actual event.

From my work with UOCAVA - and knowledge of the previous SERVE project - the biggest challenge I see is that legislators have only a slim grasp of the issues - have a hard time comparing e-voting and the internet with say online banking - and so I've tried to break this down using pictures and bullet points for now - to compare the similarities and differences.

I see our audience here is beyond the technical one at NIST itself - and more to the decision makers at the state and federal levels who need clear answers.

Obviously for the actual event we'd want to do something much more formal.

The deadline is COB July 16th on this - Friday - so our group here needs to make quick review and comments so we can hit that.

Thanks, DW

OASIS NIST UOCAVA Submission.doc