emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap-profiles] info block rationale

> It's not unusual, but the use of multiple info blocks to address it
> hasn't turned out to be common in practice, at least not anywhere I've
> seen.

That speaks more to the current state of CAP origination and implementation than the actual use cases.  More than 60% of publically available CAP messages fail basic validation tests.  Simple things like dateTime values, missing elements, invalid characters, etc.  So its not multi-infos and complex messages that are tripping people up right now.

> So I'm thinking this might be an area where the profile might
> simplify things for implementers at both the origination and
> dissemination ends.

I've got a number of examples that can show this doesn't simplify things, but actually creates more problems and would be willing to contribute them.  Although via email might be lengthy, more suited to a powerpoint or whiteboard app discussion instead.  I'm also interested in any examples that do show how this simplifies things, does anyone have some?

--
jake@jpw.biz