Subject: Backward compatibility

At 4:20 PM -0400 9/20/03, R. Allen Wyke wrote:
>Hmmmm, that certainly stimulates an interesting concept - addressing
>people who *may* only want/can support just one version of the standard.
>That they can't create a system that is upgradable.

Looking at it the other way... when there's a new version, will we be
able to assume that every implementation will upgrade precisely at
once?  Probably not... so some provision for backward compatibility
will be needed anyway.

Regrettably, it's going to be awhile before the whole world runs on
web services.

- Art