Subject: Re: [emergency] RE: Sample email to interestedpartiesWRTgeoenhancements to CAP

On 28 Nov 2007, at 02:36, Art Botterell wrote:

> China is entitled to choose their own local usages, but choices have
> consequences.
> I'm not sure it would be appropriate or wise to impose those
> consequences on everyone else.

But "we" did the same. "We" choose to only support WGS84 in CAP 1.1
There is also a "consequence" from that decision and an "imposition"
to others.

Is that "appropriate" or "wise" ???

At the time, it might have been. But things move on and time passes.

CAP 2.0 (might as well jump on the Web 2.0 bandwagon ;-) should/must
be broader and meet more *global* needs. Profiles can be created at
the implementation level(s).

Otherwise OASIS will not move away from its US-centric views of
"global".

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA