Subject: Re: [oasis-board-comment] Re: [emergency] Re CAP-IPAWS Profile Specification Issues

On 20 Feb 2009, at 11:37, Bob Freund wrote:

> The W3C Staff / Team member policy:
> Covers personal professional work outside of the W3C that may
> conflict with W3C work.  Disclosure is internal and is only used
> internally.

Sure - and W3C members can find out about them:

   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-team-outside-activities/>

You can even see Tim Berners Lee's disclosures:

   <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/Disclosures.html>

> The disclosures seem to be one-way, there is no visibility, outside
> of the director's office, on the nature or content of those
> disclosures as far as I know.
> For example, can you tell what was the date and material content of
> my last disclosure?

No, the expectation is that people will send email to the group where
the conflict might arise.

> So, for my information, if OASIS had identical policies to the W3C
> policies that you reference, what would be the material differences
> in the events of late?

Disclosure of the "relationship" between OASIS and DHS and the
implications to the EMTC.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA