Subject: FW: [oasis-board-comment] Re: [emergency] Re CAP-IPAWS Profile Specification Issues

Forwarding on behalf of Bob Freund.

From: Bob Freund [mailto:bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:39 PM
To: Mary McRae

Mary,

please forward to the emergency list.

thanks

-bob

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Freund <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>

Date: February 19, 2009 8:37:41 PM EST

To: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>

Renato,
I am familiar with those policies.
The W3C Staff / Team member policy:
Covers personal professional work outside of the W3C that may conflict with W3C work.  Disclosure is internal and is only used internally.
It is interesting to note that contracts in which the W3C itself are directly engaged are NOT covered by that policy.

The Individual policy is intended to inform the Director of relationships that may be a conflict of interest.
The disclosures seem to be one-way, there is no visibility, outside of the director's office, on the nature or content of those disclosures as far as I know.
For example, can you tell what was the date and material content of my last disclosure?

So, for my information, if OASIS had identical policies to the W3C policies that you reference, what would be the material differences in the events of late?

thanks
-bob