Subject: Re: Unwrapping urn:public:...

John Cowan wrote:

>It%27s%20visually%20very%20cluttered,%20and%20spaces%20are%20extremely%20common.

Not in the sorts of examples that have been shown in the discussion, to wit:

"-//Acme//DTD Book//EN"

Sure, you can overstate anything.

What has not been stated is that we are now proposing to rewrite the internet convention for representing a white space, and I think that's beyond the scope of this TC.

Regards,
David Leland

jcowan@reutershealth.com wrote on 5/8/01 4:37:55 PM
dcpleland@ftnetwork.com wrote:

> Norm Walsh wrote;
>
>> I think going the last step and allowing
>

>   -//* to match "urn:publicid:-:*"
>
>> adding unnecessary confusion for users and burden for implementors.
>

> I have been thinking this all along.

Hmm, okay.  I'm not used to thinking of "match" as irreflexive, but in
this case it may make sense for it to be.

--
There is / one art             || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com