Subject: Re: Unwrapping urn:public:...

/ dcpleland@ftnetwork.com was heard to say:
| What has not been stated is that we are now proposing to rewrite the
| internet convention for representing a white space, and I think
| that's beyond the scope of this TC.

It's perfectly acceptable for a URN namespace identifier request (as
per RFC 2611) to describe the character encoding rules that
identifiers in that namespace will use. As we've learned, the
encodings that are legally allowed by RFC 2141 and RFC 2396 are not
entirely obvious, but that's just the way things are.

It should probably be made explicit that the Internet Draft (to become
an informational RFC) for the 'publicid' namespace is not presently an
official work product of this committee.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Language is by its very nature a communal
XML Standards Engineer | thing; that is, it expresses never the exact