geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] Japanese ISO 3166 [was: One or two files forEnglish and French?]

Thanks, Steve.

  I was concerned about using the same published subject identifier for a
different language and whether it would go against the semantics explicitly
in the ISO 3166. If everyone agrees that it's OK, I will go ahead and do
it. I think that others will follow, so it would be good to have a kind of
"best practice" to do this kind of thing. Is it in scope for our committee
work?

Related to  Lars Marius'  "First Proposals" you mentioned,

* Typing topics should be included (especially in the *-meta.xtm topic maps)
   for classes such as PSISET, VERSION, PUBLICATION-DATE, etc.
   Of course, this is the domain of the PubSubj TC, but they need the input
   and this committee needs something more complete for evaluation purposes.
   Suggest creating a strawman pubsubj-basic.xtm that can be merged into our
   XTMs.

I noticed that these metadata typing topics were included in the 639-meta
and 3166-meta.xtm files even though we do not officially have these
defined, as you mentioned. Steve, aren't these the metadata topics you
worked on a few months ago? Even though it is not part of the first
deliverable  of the PubSubj TC, can it be submitted to GeoLang or
resubmitted to Pubsubj for preliminary use by GeoLang? Lars Marius also
includes an ontopia psi.* Will this remain published by Ontopia, or will it
be moved to the http://psi.oasis-open.org/ area?  Thanks.

Best regards,
Mary

In 639-meta.xtm and ISO 3166:

<occurrence>
                         <instanceOf>
                                 <subjectIndicatorRef
xlink:href="#up-to-date-by"/>
                         </instanceOf>
                         <resourceData>2002-08-02</resourceData>
                 </occurrence>
                 <occurrence>
                         <instanceOf>
         *                       <subjectIndicatorRef
xlink:href="http://psi.ontopia.net/xtm/occurrence-type/description"/>
                         </instanceOf>
                         <resourceData>A set of published subject
indicators useful for
       identifying languages by URI. The identifiers used to identify
       the languages are URIs based on the ISO 639 standard ("Codes
       for the representation of names of languages").</resourceData>
                 </occurrence>