Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Introduction

Hello all,

Well it's good to see the Human ML project growing; I haven't visited the
site in a while.  Ok, obviously I'm not an active member, but I check in
from time to time.  I saw that recommendation to post an intro of yourself
and how you intend to contribute to the group, so here goes.  BTW, I checked
the October email archives and noticed that people have not been posting
intros?  Maybe I'm missing an INTRO section on the website?  If there isn't,
maybe there should be a dedicated section to just that-- intros for all the
people contributing, their intents, their backgrounds, and so on.  Hey,
maybe I glossed over it, I don't know.

Let's move on here...

BACKGROUND:

I have a pretty diverse background ranging from music composition to
structural engineering to weightlifting.  Why structural engineering?
Because I've always been more or less a number cruncher.  I was into VIC-20
and Atari-800 programming when I was a wee (ie, 8yrs), and I enjoyed the
creativity behind that programming.  Even now at work, I develop
user-friendly spreadsheets to increase productivity in bridge design/rehab.
(Yes, sometimes you don't need a $5000 software package).  Why the music?
I've always considered myself creative.  And then when you consider how
music synthesizers need to be programmed, I get all nutty inside.  Musicians
are crazy, yes?  I need to fit my mold. ;-)  I guess
creativity/programming/number-crunching are somehow inter-twined with one
another; my life is just perfect!  Hey, I think that is a pretty neat combo
that just might help out in this group.

INTEREST:

This organization is supposed to increase the effectiveness of written
communication for people, to reduce misunderstandings and
misinterpretations.  (If that has changed over the past few months, correct
me please).  Being a guy and all, hey, I'd like NOT to misinterpret the many
many women who've emailed me.  I'm sure the young women out there would like
to understand a guy better too, right?  Well, I'm not sure if that is within
the scope of this project, but if it isn't, I should do something about
that.  I have many pertinent stories to post that will amuse entertain (and
maybe offend) all.

CONTRIBUTIONS:

Ok, I really DON'T have that many stories to amuse entertain and offend, nor
do I want to waste the time of the group.  I don't see myself making
contributions that are overly technical in nature.  But I will speak from
little communication problems that may arise on occasion (and I wonder if I
should be posting to the Don Juan site instead).  I leave that up to you
communication engineers.  Who knows...

-Walt Hucal

My nature tends to be a little light-hearted, at least when it's d@mn late
and I'm tired, (although at times I'm serious as all hell).  I mean, I think
this project is great, let's carry some actual weight to our intros!  I've
seen some of the posts in the archives, and I know these people can give
better intros to themselves and their usefulness to this group.  So let's
see 'em.

And to the website dude, if there isn't a section on introductions of the
contributing members (and I mean much more than just a list of names),
consider adding one.