Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] HMU.newmedia: Emotion

Thanks Rob.

I've looked through the articles, and it's quite a mouthful of interesting
stuff.   By volunteering the links, did you know you inadvertently
volunteered to review them for the group????<wink/>  Ok, at your own pace,
if you have time, but if you could provide some possible concepts to add to
our EMOTIONS subset of the HM.frameworks document, that would be great.

We can eventually "spin-off" the emotions frameworks from our HM.frameworks
document, as it is sufficiently developed...

----------
Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

EMOTIONS (***AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS)
-----------
    generalWestern
        Amusement   weariness
 Anger    patience
 Appreciation   envy
 Caution    rashness
 Closeness   distance
 Completion   incompleteness
 Courage    cowardice
 Discovery   confusion
 Familiarity   mystery
 Fear    security
 Gain    loss
 Guilt    innocence
 Happiness   unhappiness
 Love    hatred
 Pain    pleasure
 Pity    cruelty
 Pride    shame
 Relaxation   stress
 Respect    disrespect
 Surprise    expectation
 Togetherness    privacy
 Wonder     commonplace
 Sorrow    reverence
 Regret    Relief
 Aggravation   Cheerfulness
 Dejection   Rejoicing
 Lamentation   Amusement
 Weariness   Wit
 Dullness   Humorless
    Eastern

Nico H. Frijda.
"The Emotions": Studies in Emotion & Social Interaction.
http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/documents/disk0/00/00/04/69/

Communicating Emotion: Social, Moral, and Cultural Processes
http://assets.cambridge.org/0521553156/sample/0521553156WSN01.pdf