Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-community-first characteristic

Moving right along, you may want to take note of the fact that I am
changing the subject line slightly, to keep the overall object of
this method organized, which is to say automatically archiving
discussions about topics and generating documentation of our work at
the same time.

If Rob will please add the new Primary Base Schema element:
humanGroup to the list he agreed to compile for us as we go along, I
would appreciate it. As I recall, this is the second candidate, with
Base Schema element: semiote being the first. If you all recall, we
will be collecting up these additional terms and concepts as we
proceed discussing the straw man elements from Len's first draft of
HumanML Schema.

Please remember that this is separate, organizationally, from the
semiote experiment discussion, of which, more later on in the
weekend. In case it isn't apparent I'm getting ready to go
hammer-and-tongs on this stuff for a while to move it along and see
if I can't generate some momentum, or else make a fool of myself.
Either way,  expect to see some progress.

The obvious first new concept we have generated is the semiotic
experiment, and the second additional concept is that we agreed that
we can, if it turns out to be necessary, develop a Secondary Base
Schema at this base level before proceeding the the VR-AI, and HPCDML
sub language schemata. I wanted to remind us of that before getting
on to the next discussion.

BTW, if y'all don't pipe up, I'm gonna roll along this track as if I
am proceeding without dissent. I know I am being rather
single-minded, but as the facial animation system I developed shows,
I'm not especially interested in waiting. We can always revisit these
element discussions, remembering to reply to the last post to a
thread we wish to reopen.

Okay, so the next question is: What is/are the first characteristics
which cause us to change the label of a humanGroup to community? In
other words, if, as in Len's straw man, a community is an Abstract
Human Organization, what is it that constitutes an organizing
principle? This actually is a lot more fraught with peril than it
appears, because this is where we first encounter the idea of
intentionality, whether implicit or tacit, or explicit because
whatever principle causes organization to occur, it implies agreement
for membership, or the notion of consent which Len rightly raised
earlier on.

I suggest that the lowest common denominator of organization is
purpose. This is different from the dictionary definition of
organization as the act or process of organizing, the condition or
manner of being organized, or simply an association, although it
implies purpose when it cites an administrative or functional
structure such as a political party as an example. (Webster's
Ninth-as I have stated elsewhere.)

In case you haven't already figured out where this endless monologue
is going, the characteristics of different purposes seems like the
obvious next step in the ladder of abstraction I am trying to
illustrate and use to build the more complex uses we can determine
for: community

If you kindly allow me to clean off the last round of tomatoes I will
let you know when you can toss the next batch </facetious>