Subject: [humanmarkup] Econ Conference Example as HumanML Use-Case and AppRequirements

Hi Susan,

Thanks again for arranging for a teleconference for the Oct. 17, 2001
Universal Access Workshop, which allowed me to attend. I wanted to
revisit the example you cited in the course of that workshop, the
Economics Conference you attended where much time was spent on
translations that could or should have been spent on the actual
intended work of the conference and its attendees.

This is a specific example of a potential applications area where
HumanML needs to ensure that it can be useful. So, in line with our
decision to solicit information on the requirements of the
application areas which we wish to serve, I am asking you to consider
penning a short description of this example which we could cite as a
use-case where HumanML could serve to improve the performance of such
work.

If you could do this we would be very grateful, and if you could give
some thought to what requirements you see that we need to meet in
order to help build the applications to improve this kind of
performance, it would help us greatly in our forthcoming work. I
would like to make a similar request, without the specific use-case,
of course, of any other government agency or government-related
recording, reporting or information processing organizations for
which you can recommend a person to whom I can write.

I believe it is very important for our effort to be grounded by such
practical, reality-based examples for which we can provide specific
remedies. Work so grounded stands a much better chance for being
adopted, don't you think?

Thanks, again and Season's Best Wishes,
Rex Brooks
OASIS HumanMarkup TC Vice Chair, Secretary and Webmaster
--
Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com