Subject: RE: [huml] Post modernism

One of the good points about the XML adventure was that
it forced the markup community to explain itself and its
ideas in clearer speak.  Unfortunately since then, that
group has been replaced with new wonks who have reguilded
the lily or in newspeak, added their own cybergrafitti.
This sort of activity is mostly a power play but
that is life among the mammals.

len

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

Thanks, Len,

While you might not have actually deduced it, but, at some point in
time, if my own plans to conquer the known universe are to continue,
I will have to teach business analysis (minus MBA-speak) to artists,
AND programmers, and 3D, creative communications, and programming to
business people (including MBAs), so this is quite instructive.

At 2:08 PM -0600 1/9/04, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/people/PVR/decon.html
>
>It's a little off topic but because we are tasked
>to work issues of human communication, I find this
>fascinating.  It is a good example of a
>phenomenon I've mentioned since we started, the
>flaw in assuming that people want to communicate
>and in not recognizing that the urge for power
>can easily overcome the need to communicate.
>
>An interesting notion; how does one create
>a text analysis system that recognizes that a
>given piece of text has zero content?
>
>len
>
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the
>roster of the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/huml/members/leave_workgroup.p
hp.