Subject: RE: [id-cloud] Definitions, terminology and vocabulary for IDM inthe cloud

Hi Anil,

Such a glossary of definitions/terminology/vocabulary is a great idea and necessary.  Otherwise this group could end-up wasting too much time on well-treaded terminologies (eg. spending hours on the difference between authentication and authorization, etc).

I recommend we start by looking at existing glossaries:

(a) IETF Security glossary:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4949.txt

(b) Oasis SAML Glossary:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/saml-glossary-2.0-os.pdf