Subject: RE: [id-cloud] Oasis IDCloud TC Meeting Minutes (Aug 20, 2012)

DRAFT MINUTES
OASIS IDCloud TC Meeting
20 August 2012, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET

Member status changes after 20 August 2012 meeting:

Lost voting rights:
Colin Wallis
David Turner

Gained voting rights:
Felix Gomez Marmol

Now: 11 voting members in TC.

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

1. Roll Call and Agenda Review

Name                  Status
----                  ------
Anil Saldhana         Member
Anthony Nadalin       Member
Matthew Rutkowski     Member
Dominique Nguyen      Member
Cathy Tilton          Member
Roger Bass            Member
Felix Gomez Marmol    Member

Observers:
None.

7 people joined the meeting.

This meeting does not quorate.

Proposed agenda changes:
- Gershon could not make it to the meeting. Hence discussion on Gap Analysis
document (item 3) deferred.

2. Approval of Meeting Minutes
Minutes not available yet.

3. Gap Analysis
Deferred.

4. Profile Document Template
============
Template:
1. Description
2. Definitions
* Provide definitions to terms applicable to the topic. You can just refer
to the IDCloud UseCase document which has definitions or any other standard
reference (also to be listed in "References" section).
3. Use Cases
* Provide a reference to the IDCloud usecase document and mention the use
case numbers that are applicable.
4. Standards
* Mention the standards (existing,current and future) that are applicable.
5. Challenges
* What challenges exist in the topic space for Identity?
6. References
=============

Anil:
- the document is non-normative.
- the document is an attempt at a self-contained guidance document on topics
related to Cloud Identity
- Current proposals:  Anil (PaaS), Dominique(Mobile Identity), Matt (Cloud
Auditing) and Roger (Inter Cloud Identity)

Dominique:
- In the challenges section, should we list out any legal issues?

Anil:
- I am unsure. It probably is topic dependent.

Roger:
- Since the document has to be self contained, should we recreate the use
cases in the profile document

Anil:
- If it is one or 2 usecases, then it makes sense to keep it in the profile
document.  If there are multiple use cases that may be applicable, then
providing a static link to the usecases document may be the best solution.

Matt:
- Matt concurs.

5. Other Business
No other business.

6. Adjourn
Meeting adjourned.

Chat Transcript:
=================

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): stepping away from desk, be back in 2 mins
Dominique Nguyen (Bank of America): good morning
anonymous morphed into Cathy Tilton (Daon)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ================
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): 1) Roll Call, Agenda Review and Minute Taker
Nomination.

2) Approval of Minutes.

3) Gap Analysis

- Document review.

- Public Review Discussion.

4) Profile Document Template.

5) Other Business.

6) Adjourn.\
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ===================
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Im here )
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Gershon was unable to make it to the meeting today
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Item #4
AnilSaldhana(RedHat):
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201208/msg00007.html
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ============
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Template:
1. Description
2. Definitions

* Provide definitions to terms applicable to the topic. You can just refer
to the IDCloud UseCase document which has definitions or any other standard
reference (also to be listed in "References" section).

3. Use Cases

* Provide a reference to the IDCloud usecase document and mention the use
case numbers that are applicable.

4. Standards
* Mention the standards (existing,current and future) that are applicable.
5. Challenges
* What challenges exist in the topic space for Identity?
6. References
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ================
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): the document is non-normative.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): the document is an attempt at a self-contained
guidance document on topics related to Cloud Identity
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Current proposals:  Anil (PaaS), Dominique(Mobile
Identity), Matt (Cloud Auditing) and Roger (Inter Cloud Identity)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): dominique: In the challenges section, should we list
out any legal issues?
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): I am unsure. It probably is topic dependent.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Roger: Since the document has to be self contained,
should we recreate the usecases in the profile document
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): if it is one or 2 usecases, then it makes sense to
keep it in the profile document.  If there are multiple usecases that may be
applicable, then providing a static link to the usecases document may be the
best solution.  Matt
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Matt concurs.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Adjourned.