idpf message

Subject: Re: [idpf] IDPF name inconsistency

Hi Anjali,Â

No need to vote on this because the OASIS rules will now allow the name of a TC to be changed. Other parts of the charter can change but in order to change either the name or the IPR mode of a Technical Committee, you have to close it and start a new one.Â

There is no requirement, however, that the TC name and the spec name be the same. The spec, as an output of the TC, can be whatever name the TC chooses for it. So while there is a difference, it is not a problem of the rules.Â

Best,Â

/chet