idpf message

Subject: Re: [idpf] IDPF name inconsistency

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 08:03:32PM +0000, Singhai, Anjali wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    We have a slight inconsistency in the name between the Charter and the Spec
> for IDPF. Charter has the name âInfrastructure Data-Plane Functionâ and the
> Spec says the name as âInfrastructure Data Path Functionâ. The name that was
> agreed on based on the early inception is âInfrastructure Data Path Functionâ.
>

> I recommend we fix the charter to match the Spec name.
>
> Please vote by end of day tomorrow, either to keep the name as âInfrastructure
> Data Path Functionâ or âInfrastructure Data-Plane functionâ
>

> Thanks
>
> Anjali

Anjali, assuming we need a vote please create a ballot here:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/idpf/ballots.php
The TC voted early on to conduct business by ballot, let's use that.

Also "by end of day tomorrow" is not a reasonable amount of time.
It's a simple matter but it's a holiday period in a bunch of places,
so please make it a week ballot which is more or less a standard
amount of time.

I'd do it myself but you know the exact wording we need better.
Still if you need help with that, let me know.

--
MST