ihc message

Subject: Fwd: Conference Call Invitation for 08/25/2005 10:30 AM

Title: Fwd: Conference Call Invitation for 08/25/2005 10:30 AM
Hi Folks,

I just sent this list a message about the Australian Interoperability Framework, and it reminded me to send this invitation along to this list as well, if I haven't already. If I did, then this is just a reminder, but regardless, it should prove to be an informative discussion, which you can attend by telephone and web. However, we do need you to RSVP to and copy me, please, so we can assure that we reserve sufficient lines.

Regards,
Rex

From: "Peter Yim" <reservation-WRDJO-2028330@conferencemgr.com>
To: <rexb@starbourne.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:59:44 -0700
Rex Brooks,

You have been invited by Peter Yim to join a conference call as a Conference Organizer.  Please review the conference details and information on how to accept or decline this invitation.

Conference Details
Please RSVP
Subject:
[ontolog] Discussion - Healthcare Informatics Landscape -Thu 2005-08-25
Comments/Agenda:
This is the another session in our "Ontolog Scheduled Discussion" Series.

* Topic: "Healthcare Informatics Landscapes, Roadmaps, and Blueprints: Towards a Business Case Strategy for Large Scale Ontology Projects"

* Proposed and Moderated by: Rex Brooks (HumanMarkup.org)

* Panelists:
** Bob Smith (Professor Emeritus, California State University),
** Brand Niemann (EPA, Chair, Semantic Interoperability CoP),
** Marc Wine (GSA, Health IT Coordinator),
** Mark Musen (Professor of Medicine and Computer Science, Stanford University),
** David Whitten (Treasurer and Co-founder, WorldVistA), &
** Ram Sriram (NIST)

* Objectives: This Panel Discussion seeks to -
** identify the outlines and key landmarks of the current healthcare informatics landscape;
** clarify semantic interoperability issues between and amongst existing and planned standards, particularly between OMG-HL7 and OASIS initiatives;
** identify an appropriate Ontology Strategy and committment to business valuation;
** express key issues for Health Services(Sciences?) Domain Ontology organizational maturity and technology readiness levels;
** describe the Time dimension opportunities between remote organizational units.

* Refer to session details on our wiki at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_08_25
** Background on the topic and some of the questions to be discussed in this session can be found atthe above session wiki page

* RSVP (to help us reserve adequate resources for the session.)

[This will be a virtual discussion session held over a conference call augmented by other synchronous collaboration tools. Participants are expected to have access to the phone and an Internet browser during the session.]