Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Notes from Court Filing TC Teleconference of October 7, 2003

Title: Message
Dear Roger and other Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee Members:

Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend the phone calls for these meetings and would like to provide an update to the California Second Generation Electronic Filing Specifications project or 2GEFS.  2GEFS completed and submitted draft specifications for Court Filing, Court Policy, CMS-API, and Request Response to the California Administrative Office of the Courts at the end of July as scheduled.  These draft specifications are constructed using reusable XML building blocks and provide a framework for building block construction, namespaces, repositories, and version control.

California AOC Management has concluded that a court user group should review the draft specifications ensure court business needs are met before entering into Phase 2 of our project--Interoperability Testing--and releasing the draft specifications for public comment.  The Data Exchange Standards User Group, an existing court user group with XML and data exchange experience was selected to review the drafts and held a meeting last week.  Its members are now reviewing the draft specifications at their courts and will provide feedback before the end of the year.  Once we have concluded that the draft specifications meet court needs, the Interoperability Testing phase will begin.

As soon as AOC Management releases the draft specifications to the public, I encourage this committee to review and comment on them

If you have any questions on 2GEFS or electronic filing in California in general, please contact me at the information below.  I also plan to attend the October 29 meeting during CTC8.

Sincerely,

Christopher Smith
Business Systems Analyst
Information Services
Administrative Office of the Courts
415/865-7416
christopher.smith@jud.ca.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Winters, Roger [mailto:Roger.Winters@METROKC.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 1:59 PM
To: 'legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hello,

Here are my notes from yesterday's meeting of the Legal XML Member Section's Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee. I hope I was able to faithfully represent some of the key points made in discussion. I invite anyone to share corrections, elaborations, etc., with the entire group.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters

Electronic Court Records Manager