Subject: RW Edits-Comments on Intro to CF 3.0.doc

Dear Friends,

I've begun work as Editor for ECF 3.0 and will continue to review textual material in the specification over the next few days (before going onto vacation status 11/7-11/16), suggesting changes that I hope will provide clearer descriptions and explanations for those who will be our readers.

While working with the initial section on Scope, I realized that my recommended changes are numerous and might seem to some to imply that the ECF TC should revisit issues or change decisions already made. That is not my intention. I share the edits I recommend for this important opening section during the comment period so that, if anyone feels any given edit or rephrasing undoes an important decision, erroneously describes something about the specification, or otherwise causes a problem, the edited language for that part could be rolled back. Where I have succeeded in conveying the content in a more concise, polished, precise, or otherwise improved way, I hope the edits will be acceptable.

I will be available (off and on) between now and Monday in case someone would like to inquire about the reasoning behind a given editorial change. For those that are not simply a matter of grammatical obedience or personal taste, I will do my best to explain.

Again, it is not my intent to revisit issues already resolved. I am eager to see the specification move forward on schedule.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters
roger.winters@metrokc.gov
(206) 296-7838

RW Edits-Comments on Intro to CF 3.0.doc