OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

legalxml-econtracts message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: Call in # and Scenario Issue

Sorry folks, I checked my eMail at 4:20, and not having heard from a soul,
took another call and went on to other pressing matters.

With Rolly's unavailability and my craven absence, can we cover ADR in the
next session. Zoran circulated a most helpful document, which I sent to the
OdrXML List, but did not have lead time to get responses.  I would like to
circulate Zoran's requirements to a long list of potential contributors. One
respondent said the link called for a password. Can we put these in a public
place? Our archives are supposed to be public. Any one have any concerns
about that?. I don't see how we can grow the community behind a closed
forum. Since callers pay their own way, is there reason not to liberally
invite other to join the call? Your pioneering work warrants -- no --
demands a much broader base of contribution and stakeholder involvement.

As a aid memoire, particularly when I have to call from the road, it would
be helpful to get a reminder [with the call in-number] a day or so before
the session. I will print it out and take it with me, but just the eMail
will help jog people's memory.

I will put the standard call in number on my calendar henceforth. I see the
next call is June 4th.

Sorry for fumble here,

Jim Keane

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Greenwood [mailto:dang@mit.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 4:26 PM
To: jkeane; legalxml-econtracts@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Call in # and Scenario Issue

Jim and everyone:

It is the same call in number and code as last meeting.       Dial 512
225 3050  - Use 84759# for Pin Code

One issue came up that I'd like to mention before the call: Rolly
won't be able to join us today, so the construction contract scenario
is postponed.  I think we might want to ask Dr. Leff to address his
software license and web terms scenario today rather than his
electronic contract to electronic litigation scenario because the
former is already widely based in commerce and general practice and so
it would make a more concrete issue set for our first formal run at a


|  Daniel J. Greenwood, Esq.
|  Director, E-Commerce Architecture Program
|  MIT School of Architecture and Planning
|  77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 7-231
|  Cambridge, MA 02139
|     http://ecitizen.mit.edu
|     or http://www.civics.com
|     dang@mit.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: jkeane [mailto:jik@jkeane.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 3:55 PM
To: legalxml-econtracts@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] Minutes Draft from the OASIS Legal
XMLMember Section Electronic Contracts Technical Committee Secretary
(File id:@@2210)

The minutes mention a planned discussion today. If so, does any one
have the
dial-in information?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Laurence Leff [mailto:D-Leff@wiu.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 10:46 PM
To: legalxml-econtracts@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [legalxml-econtracts] Minutes Draft from the OASIS Legal XML
Member Section Electronic Contracts Technical Committee Secretary
id: @@2210)

                     Minutes Teleconference of May Seventh
     Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
                           Legal XML Member Section
                       E-Contracts Technical Committee (TC)


Rolly Chambers
Charles Gilliam
Dan Greenwood
Jason Harrop
Laurence L. Leff, Ph.D.
Dave Marvits
John McClure
John Messing
Peter Meyer
Zorran Milosovic

The minutes for April 23rd were approved.  Note they were a
combination of
notes taken by Dr. Leff and Mr.  Marvits.

Mr. Chambers updated the group on work going in the area of online
resolution.  There is other work but "we seem to be ahead."  The ODR
is geared towards mediation, negotiation, and arbitration of
They are not yet talking about reputation systems.

Mr. Greenwood proposed - that all TC members make a best effort to
or more benchmark contracts for use by the TC in applying our emerging
draft specification. (Mr. Greenwood's electronic mail of April 16th on
Benchmark Contracts,
is incorporated by reference.)

This was approved by acclamation.

The discussion about sample contracts included whether they might be
copyrighted, or material posted to the web, would be subject to
Property claims.   The Technical Committee also discussed how such
property claims might impact the ongoing work of this Technical
including markup.  Also, the technical committee discussed how marking
"real life" contracts would advance its agenda as well as the impact
working with both simple contracts and complex contracts.

Mr. Greenwood proposed that we have a vote on approval of the process
(This was in Mr. Greenwood's electronic mail of May 1st
This was approved.  However, there was considerable discussion about
vagueness of Step Two on establishing a "data model."

It was thus noted that although this step is not precise now, the
Committee anticipates that the model will include
1) What schemas will be produced and the subject matter
2) Some description of an architecture.

This was passed unanimously.

The following dates and agenda were set for teleconferences.  All of
were for 18:00 Eastern Time.

May 21st:  Discuss the following two scenarios:

           Dispute Resolution Contract
           Work on Construction Contract

June 4th:  Discuss the Clause Model
           Discuss the Requirements Document
           Discuss the following two scenarios:

1) - Automated Negotiation System (Mr. Marvits)


2) - Discuss Electronic Contracts in Litigation

June 18th: Discuss the following two scenarios:
1  Click-Through Contracts for Software Downloads


2  - Data Consortium Contract Schema Requirements


July 2nd:  Discussion the Enterprise Contract Management Scenario


July 16th: Discuss the XML in enterprise documentation systems (Mr.


The Technical Committee addressed the issue of scenarios that might
come in
later than the original deadline.  It decided to be open to "late"
as it recognized that it might learn what scenarios are appropriate in
process of reviewing scenarios now submitted.

Mr. Greenwood closed the meeting, thanking the participants for their
during the extensive "administrative items" in this teleconference and
pointing out that the group is well posed to proceed at a rapid pace
the more substantive issues.

New Action Items:

Dr. Laurence Leff will send mail to Mr. Jamie Clark of OASIS
sample "paper agreements" that were associated with electronic
e. g., under ebXML.

Dr. Laurence Leff will send mail to Mr. Karl Best of OASIS to inform
him of
the Technical Committee's interest in holding a face-to-face in
with the Australia conference.  Dr. Leff will also inquire as to the
availability of teleconferencing or web conferencing facilities for
who might not be able to travel to Australia.

Dr. Laurence Leff will follow up with Ms. Pina regarding having
starting at 18:00PM Eastern Daylight Time and continuing past 19:00.

Dr. Laurence Leff will post to the list, the material he prepared
on click-through contracts coordinating it with the information item
prepared by Mr. Harrop.

Mr. John Messing will follow up on the possiblity of having a
in conjunction with the American Bar Association meeting August 7th
August 8th in San Francisco

Mr. Rolly Chambers will post benchmark contracts from the
construction field.

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]