Subject: [legalxml-enotary] TC participation reminder

This communication is intended to update the list of participating TC members pending attendance at the telephonic first meeting on September 19.

Oasis rules provide:"To become a member of this new TC you must 1) be an employee of an OASIS member organization or an Individual member of OASIS; 2) notify the TC chair, John Messing (
jmessing@law-on-line.com) of your intent to participate at least 15 days prior to the first meeting; and 3) attend the first meeting on 19 September. You should also subscribe to the TC's mail list. Note that membership in OASIS TCs is by individual, and not by organization. You must be eligible for participation at the time you time you notify the chair."

So far my records show the following persons have complied, subject to attending the first meeting, in chronological order:

Manoj Srivastava, manoj@infomosaic.com, Infomosaic Corporation
Pieter Kasselman,
pkasselman@baltimore.com, Baltimore Technologies
Daniel J. Greenwood,
dang@mit.edu, Individual member
Rolly L. Chambers,
rlchambers@justice.com, Individual member
Charles Gilliam,
Charles.Gilliam@contentguard.com, ContentGuard.Inc.
Don Bergeron,
Donald.Bergeron@lexisnexis.com, Lexis-Nexis
John Messing,
jmessing@law-on-line.com, Individual member
Roger Winters,
Roger.Winters@metrokc.gov, Washington State Courts
Dr. Laurence Leff,
D-Leff@wiu.edu, individual member
Eric Cohen,
eric.e.cohen@us.pwcglobal.com, individual member
Ram Austryjak Moskovitz,
ram@verisign.com, VeriSign
Krishna Sankar,
ksankar@cisco.com, Cisco Systems
Jerry Johnson,
jerry.johnson@dir.state.tx.us, Texas Department of Information Resources

Other persons have subscribed to the TC list as Oasis members, but have not yet expressed an intention to participate in the telephonic meeting on September 19, which, if it is an oversight, can be easily rectified through a private email to me, John Messing, jmessing@law-on-line.com Please do so by September 4, 2002.

This group includes:

robin@isogen.com
Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov
tjsmith@itdecision.com
robert.zuccherato@entrust.com

I would appreciate a short blurb from each participating TC member prior to the first meeting letting the others know something about you, your goals in joining the TC, and your background. I know a number of you personally, and I think it would be useful to all of the members to have at least some brief information about each other going into the first telephonic meeting. Alternatively, a url containing information about yourself that is posted on the web would also be appropriate.

Our newest member, Jerry Johnson of the Texas Department of Information Resources. has a broad grasp of developments in the authentication and signature areas involving state and federal governments. For those who may be interested, I highly recommend a draft article that his agency has prepared which is publicly available on the web, as an example of a public agency's emerging views on some of the issues we will be addressing. See http://www.dir.state.tx.us/standards/e-Record_Retention.htm

Best regards.

John Messing
Chair
LegalXML Oasis