Subject: [legalxml-enotary] Example - Authenticating Request For Service

Hiya,

Here's my first contribution of an example - a real world example from our
Public CA operations team.

When we are processing certificate requests we jump through a number of
hoops to ensure that the request is legitimate (requestor is authorized  by
the company, company exists, right to use name, right to use domain name...
- the details vary by class, product line, and political/social/geographical
constraints etc).

We may use a third party (credit scorer, government agency) to lookup a
corporate phone number in order to call back into the organization and
ensure that the alleged employee who made the certificate request is in
actual fact an employee of the named organization and/or is authorized to
act on their behalf. If we are unable to get a third party reference to the
phone # then we require the customer provide a notarized letter confirming
the organization has in fact enrolled for a n ID as well as validating the
name and email address of the technical contact.

ram

-----
Ram Austryjak Moskovitz
Director