Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Next Oasis eNotarization TC Conf Call -- 2006-03-09

The signature profiles for ECF 3.0 consist of five different profiles:

Three are accessible from the legalXML court filing TC homepage by
clicking this link:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=legalxml-courtfiling

The other two are in the process of being added to the ECF TC website
and are attached.

A couple of observations:

The profiles assume proper authentication. One question is whether for
notarial purposes is whether there should be some authentication
metadata added and if not, how authentication should be referenced or
handled.

Biometric signatures are not supported in ECF 3.0. To my understanding
very little exists within OASIS or the standards bodies generally on
the subject of biometric signatures, so this either needs to be
declared out of scope or some research needs to be done on what
standards exist, whether they can be leveraged or adapted, and if
nothing is apparent, what else can be done.

A new biometric TC is being formed but usually such TC's do not deal
with signatures as such but rather more direct biometrics such as
facial features or voice characteristics.