Subject: Re: legalxml-enotary icon; commission number

I wasn't expecting feedback quite so quickly, and certainly not
from outside the TC, but thank you, nonetheless, Gerard.

You make an interesting point.  There are ways in which such
"attacks" can be mitigated.  What would need to be done by the
TC is to come up with a list of attacks that are possible,
determine the probability of the risk and then come up with ways
to mitigate the risk that are acceptable given the "mathematical
expectation" (loss multiplied with probability) of the outcome
of the attack.  But, the choice you represent is a valid option
that must be discussed by the TC.

By the words licensing scheme for the visual representation, I
didn't imply that there might be a cost (other than the cost of
membership at OASIS).  The OASIS TC, Member Section and/or the
Board may choose to license it at no cost, subject to acceptance
of the terms of use of the visual representation.  But that is
not a decision that the TC alone might make.  OASIS' General
Counsel is copied on this e-mail; he probably knows what OASIS
can or cannot do in this regard; but its a decision that needs
to be made only AFTER the TC has determined that these work-items
are worthy of being worked on.

WRT commission numbers in Vermont, could you send me a sample of
the Commission Numbers used in your state?  If numbers are not
used at all, how is one Notary Public distinguished from another
if they happen to have the same name and live in the same county?

Thanks for the comment.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.