Subject: Re: Two items for consideration by eNotary TC

In a discussion about the eNotary XSD yesterday, I realized
that the scope of the visual representation of an eNotarized
document did not go far enough; I would like to suggest
increasing the scope of my original suggestion by two
additional items:

1) Iconic representation of the Document Signers' signature(s);
2) Visual representation of the Notarial Certificate(s);

As I see it an eNotarization process will consist of a sequence
of steps, which involve (from a technical point-of-view):

a) The Document Signers ("Signers") appearing in front of the
    Notary;
b) Signer(s) signing the document;
c) Notary "preparing" the Notarial Certificate;
d) Notary eNotarizing the document;

Software vendors will clearly need - and have - the flexibility
of how to design their forms, the flow of the process, the
integration of signing tools, programming language, logic, etc.
in their applications.  But once the Signer(s) have "signed" the
electronic document, it would be very useful to represent the
Signers' signature(s) in a consistent manner.

Similarly, it would be equally useful to represent the Notaries'
signature(s) and the Notarial Certificate(s) in a consistent
manner, within the eNotarization process, and after verification.

While this might seem like complex additions to the TC's work,
IMHO, I think the hardest part of the work is already behind us -
the XSD that is nearly complete (save for some adjustments). Once
we conceptually agree that standardized visual representation is
a good thing for eNotarization, a good graphics designer will be
able to turn this around fairly quickly into icons.

Arshad