Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] OASIS talk at Summer NASS Meeting

I think these are all good ideas but I think Mark Ladd has a point. I
would prioritize efforts and money part from the ABA as follows:

1. NASS
2. PRIA
3. NNA Conference
4. MISMO

The reason is this: real estate recording documents in the US almost
universally have to be notarized, making the real estate recording
industry a prime consumer of the standard. But the notary administrators
need to approve the methods via regulations or legislation. So they need
to be sold as well. MISMO concerns the banking interests that lend
against the recorded mortgages so their buy-in is important as well.

The NNA Conference brings a lot of these different people together as
well as the notaries themselves and foreign diplomats and technicians to
discuss enotarization. So long as the NNA realizes that the ENML
standard does not undercut but coexists with their proprietary certs,
and can help expand the usefulness of them, I think a win-win situation
can be created with the NNA.

Hope this helps.