Subject: Re: [odata] RE: [EXTERNAL] [odata] Status of the Rapid

> From my part, I'd like to better understand how a GraphQL client could call an OData service. There have been a few investigations at Microsoft and in the industry, such as the use of "GraphQL Mesh", which has an OData handler (https://graphql-mesh.com/docs/handlers/odata/).

Mesh and other solutions like this are using GraphQL resolvers (separate gateway server) as a proxy and OData is just used here as REST API that is called to get results.
This is used to move OData APIs to GraphQL in situations where developers cannot invest to rewrite those to use GraphQL resolvers.
They getting GraphQL API with the cost of the extra server to maintain, but do not need to rewrite their data layers.

A more interesting example was done by Microsoft (https://github.com/microsoftgraph/graphql-demo)
This is actually doing transformation on client. This approach uses only OData server (OData first - comparing to Mesh which is GraphQL first)

It looks like it was abandoned because main dev moved to Facebook :)

More info and ideas here:Âhttps://github.com/oasis-open/odata-rapid/issues/7