Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Market Share Analysis

Hello all,

Daniel Carrera a écrit :
> Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
>> I have found using wikis the best method.  Keeping it in the  OOo
>> .services location is to me a useful locale.
>
> I think that using the OOo domain would do a lot of harm. OpenDocument
> is not about OOo and it is crucially important that people don't
> perceive it like that. Using the OOo domain plays right into Microsoft's
> hands as they try to convince everyone that this is a "this product vs
> that product" issue. We want to tell people that this issue is between
> an open standard agreed by many competitors versus a format designed by
> one convicted monopolist. The moment you lose the distinction between
> OpenDocument and OOo you lose the argument. Let's not make this easier
> for Microsoft.

So much for confusing roles and mixing adverse interests, Daniel.
Anyway, while Daniel's point on the wiki is valid in regard of
Microsoft, it should not stop us  working on such an analysis by using a
wiki.
However, if we were to look for a delivrable document, a wiki wouldn't
be professional looking.

Regards,
--
Charles-H.Schulz,