Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OASIS logo and trademark issues?

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Carrera a écrit :
> I'm trying to investigate, but I'm not familiar with Trademark law or
> whatever law might be applicable here.
>
> A good start would be this: It should be possible to make GPL software
> that uses customized icons with the OpenDocument logo.
>
> In this scenario, the icons would be GPL. The GPL allows free
> distribution and modification. So whatever agreement OASIS chooses
> should allow for that. It must be possible because I see that PDF has
> that (there are GPL icons with the PDF logo). But I have no idea how.
>
> I think we should consult with a lawyer who is familiar with open source.
I don't think that a GPL logo would make lots of sense. GPL is for
software, although there are icons and other artworks that are licensed
under it. One important thing to remember though is that we may not want
everybody to use this logo freely. The OASIS and the different TCs may
want to grant it for use only to applications that are ODF-compliant,
for instance.

Best,
Charles.