Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] CSUN Face-to-Face Meeting

> Janina and I spoke:
>
>  Main talking points:
>

>- Raising the accessibility bar via open standard contribution
>- Work to ensure document format can support an accessible experience
via the >application
>- Issue is not an open source discsussion. Open source does not
hurt/help the >accessibility of the standard
>- An open standard allows us to do things like DAISY conversion
without concerns about >access to a proprietary markup
>  Janina would like to raise the business reason for going to an open document format. ... control over their own data.

dp. Hi Rich. Duration of the meeting may restrict what's on the table,
unless those
meeting decide to extend it and maybe miss out bits of CSUN?

Very much support the  above.

Our investement is in information, not in proprietary formats that age badly.
The more stable the information format, the higher the value to us and the less
the cost of updating for re-use.

regards

--
Dave Pawson