Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] CSUN Face-to-Face Meeting

I'm good with this outline Rich. And I agree with David's thoughts completely:

"Our investement is in information, not in proprietary formats that age badly.

The more stable the information format, the higher the value to us and the less the cost of updating for re-use."

That's a value proposition that everyone wants.

-Mike

Mike Paciello
TPG
+1 603.882.4122 ext 103

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 5:18 AM
To: mpaciello@paciellogroup.com
Cc: office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Peter Korn'

Janina and I spoke:

Main talking points:

- Raising the accessibility bar via open standard contribution
- Work to ensure document format can support an accessible experience via the application
- Issue is not an open source discsussion. Open source does not hurt/help the accessibility of the standard
- An open standard allows us to do things like DAISY conversion without concerns about access to a proprietary markup

Janina would like to raise the business reason for going to an open document format. ... control over their own data.

Comments?

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

Inactive hide details for "mike paciello" <mpaciello@paciellogroup.com>"mike paciello" <mpaciello@paciellogroup.com>

          "mike paciello" <mpaciello@paciellogroup.com>

          03/02/2006 04:07 PM
          Please respond to
          mpaciello

"'Peter Korn'" <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>, <office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

RE: [office-accessibility] CSUN Face-to-Face Meeting

Friday afternoon is fine with me Peter. Friday morning I have my own session
(8:00 am).

-Mike

Mike Paciello
TPG