Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Pictures (and other objects) with captions.]]

FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Fwd: Pictures (and other objects) with captions.]
Date: 	Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:55:01 +0100
From: 	Florian Reuter <Florian.Reuter@Sun.COM>
To: 	Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM>

Hi Malte,

could you forward this message. I wasn't able to post to the list.

Thanks,

Florian

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I just wanted to inform the accessibility SC about the way OpenDocument
handles captions for e.g. pictures. Below given is an OpenDocument
fragment which contains a picture with a caption:
   <text:p>
         <draw:frame>  <!-- outer frame -->
         <draw:text-box>
               <text:p>
                    <draw:frame><draw:image><office:binary-data>picture
data here....</office:binary-data></draw:image></draw:frame> <!-- "real"
frame -->
                    Caption Text
               </text:p>
         </draw:text-box>
         </draw:frame>
    </text:p>
The problem here is that the caption for the picture is modeled by an
additional frame. This might make it hard for e.g. text reader to
correctly associate the picture and its caption.

Best regards,

Florian

--- End Message ---