Subject: OASIS ODF a11y SC meeting tomorrow,23Aug06 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET

Connection info:

  Wednesday 23Aug; 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET
  1-866-839-8145 (US toll free)
  1-865-524-6352 (Intl)
  code: 6560654#

  IRC: http://irc.oasis-open.org
  channel: "&office-accessibility"

Agenda:

   * Approval of minutes from last week (attached, and also at:
 <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200608/msg00037.html>
)

   * Quick note: there is now a publish Memorandum of Understanding in
     Mass on a11y.  See http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/korn/20060823
     for details.

   * Updates (if any) from Accessibility Guidelines authors (drafts due
     September 7th; draft to share with TC by end of Sept., finished by
     end of November)

   * Discussion of our charter for a11y SC for ODF > 1.1 (see "charter"
     from minutes).  I don't recall if we came to a final statement,
     nor do our minutes assign an action on this.  This remains an
     open AI on the TC call, so I'd like to button this up.

   * Issue of nested tables in Writer (HTML examples provided by Hiro).
     We didn't discuss this last time, as Hiro wasn't here.  Can we today?

   * Review Cheiko's diagrams/charts:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/download.php/19733/samples04082006.odp
     We didn't discuss this last time, as Cheiko wasn't here.  Can we today?

   * Carol Geyer put out a request for ODF testimonials.  See attached
msg, and
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200608/msg00029.html
     Should our a11y SC formally make a statement/testimonial?

   * Issue of ALT text for background images (Pete Brunet, can you lead
this?)

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect (and OASIS ODF Accessibility Subcommittee co-chair)
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
--- Begin Message ---
Attached, html format.

regards